Here are some booksand other resources you may want to use to
help you learn about Merrymeeting Bay. If you know of some that
aren't on the list, please be sure to send us their names!
See also our Cybrary
(Cyber-Library) for works available online.
of Environmental Information Relating to
Ann Hayden, Principal
Head towardsthe bay!
- Adams, Silas. A History of the Town of Bowdoinham,
1762-1912, Fairfield: Fairfield Publishing, 1912. Reprint: New
England Historical Press, 1985.
- Ames, John Wallace. Bowdoinham Was My Hometown.
Kennebunk: Star, 1975
- Bicentennial Historic Book Commission. Bowdoinham, the
Seventeenth Town in Maine, 1762-1962. Bowdoinham, 1962.
- Connors, Frank (ed). Bowdoinham Advertiser.
- Vol l, No.l
- Vol l, No.ll
- Vol ll, No.l
- Vol ll, No.ll
- Vol ll, No.lll
- February 1976
- February 1977
- July 1977
- July 1978
- August 1980
- Winter/Spring 1981-82
- February 1982
- June 1982
- March 1984
- August 1985
- Everson, Jennie G. Tidewater Ice of the Kennebec River.
Freeport: Bond Wheelwright, 1970.
- Flemming, John D. (ed) Richmond on the Kennebec.
Richmond: Hostorical Society, 1966.
- Koulouris, Becky, et al.
Notes. Maine Humanities Council.1990.
- Reed & D'Andrea, South Gardiner, Maine. 1975.
Merrymeeting Bay. Maine Department of Conservation,
- Wheeler, George Augustus. History of Brunswick,
Topsham, and Harpswell. Boston: Mudge, 1879. Reprint: New
Hampshire Publishing, 1974.